February 23rd, 2021
Peanut butter and pumpkin treats for active, happy dogs like Zoey!
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg or 1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour + 1 tbsp for rolling
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp water
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Makes: 20 biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flax and water. Allow mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients on low speed. Add dry ingredients and mix again until just about combined. Slowly add 1 Tbsp of water until dough forms. It is ok if the dough appears a little crumbly.
- Use clean hands to form the dough into a ball. Wrap dough ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes before rolling and baking.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with 1 Tbsp of flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to ¼” thick. Cut cookie cutter shapes of bones, fire hydrants and soccer balls, or whatever you have on hand.
- Bake cookies on 350 for 30-40 minutes, until golden. Cool treats completely. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Egg free? Try a “flax egg.” 1 Tbsp ground flax, 3 Tbsp water, and let stand for 15 mins.
- Double the recipe and freeze the extra to take along on your next adventure.
Pro-footballer, Amer Didic and his dog Zoey in the Kanvi Homes kitchen filming Eat Like an Eddie!
For more recipes from the Eat Like An Eddie series visit EatLikeAnEddie.com
Recipe by Registered Dietitian, Emily Mardell & Amer Didic