Modernizing Food Labels…
July 17th, 2014
We took a little jaunt (that’s the Newfoundlander in me coming out) to the local IGA to explore and discuss all things labels. We had a great time, and both learned a lot!
To view our CTV Edmonton News segment “Closer look at proposed nutrition labels” click here.
For more information check out the links below:
- Consulting Canadian Parents and Consumers on Proposed Changes to Nutrition Information on Food Labels
- Fact Sheet – Proposed Changes to the Look of the Nutrition Facts Table and the List of Ingredients
- Fact Sheet – New Serving Size Guidelines to Make Comparing Foods Easier
- Fact Sheet – Better Understanding the Sugar Content of Our Foods
- What We Heard Report
- Healthy Canadians – Serving Size
- Interactive Tool: Understanding a Food Label
- Food Labelling for Industry
- Food Labelling Modernization
I’d like to know if you read labels? What suggestions if any you have for further improvements?