Eat to Glow
June 21st, 2016
Summer’s here and healthy skin is in. Check out today’s CTV Edmonton Morning Live segment for tips and recipes to nourish your best skin.
Chile-Lime Watermelon Wedges
Rich in lycopene, vitamin C & H20.
- Seedless watermelon
- Chipotle spice, or chile blend of choice
- Sea salt
- Cilantro, optional
- Freshly grated lime zest & juice
- Prepare watermelon, cut into wedges
- Grate fresh lime and cut limes in half to juice later
- Spread watermelon on cutting board or serving platter
- Sprinkle with seasonings, fresh zest, herbs and juice
Rich in protein, vitamin D & Omega-3s.
1 lb. Salmon, boneless
Olive oil, drizzle
- ½ cup unsalted walnuts, pieces
- Sea salt
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Portion fish, check for bones, pat dry
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil
- In small baggie, or mini food processor pulse walnuts and remaining ingredients to form a crumble
- Coat salmon with walnut crumble mix
- Preheat oven to 400
- In an oven safe frying pan, on medium-high, pan seer fish, crust side down for 3-5 minutes until golden
- Flip salmon and place in oven to finish cooking for 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of fish
Rich in antioxidants & fiber.
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- Blackberries, for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until completely smooth; about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve parfait style. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings and blackberries.
Mousse inspired by The Domestic Geek
Tweet your kitchen antics and creations to @FoodFirstRD.